Stencil pattern concrete
Stencil pattern concrete is an innovative paving system that goes beyond imprinted or stamped concrete to deliver a uniform surface with a grouted joint appearance. Our stencil patterns reproduce the popular brick, paver, cobblestone and tile appearance at lower cost than traditional methods, resulting in stunning urban and commercial landscapes.
How is it done?
A specially treated stencil is laid across the freshly poured concrete and gently worked into the surface.
Two coats of colour hardener are then applied to the surface and floated in.
At the correct stage of concrete cure later the same day, the stencil pattern is removed revealing the `grouted' look.
2 coats of Sealer is then applied to protect from staining and enhance colour.
- The real look of bricks, pavers, cobblestone and tiles but with the structural integrity of concrete
- No subsidence or weed problems like with pavers
- Anti-slip finishes and textures can be applied to the concrete surface making it suitable for inclines/wet areas
- High abrasion resistance: suitable for high volume traffic areas and vehicular traffic
- Average abraded volume as BDRI test method B6 -
Appendix C = 2.05cm3
20 MPA concrete pavers: average abraded volume = 9.6 cm3
60 MPA concrete pavers: average abraded volume= 1.2 cm3
- Skid resistance test AS/NZS 3661.1 Sample: float finish sealed stencil concrete -> average skid resistance value 65
- Low maintenance due to sealing nature
- Surface hardness: between 7 & 8 on MOHS scale